Now Enrolling for September 2014 Evening Class. Interviews scheduled Monday-Friday . Call for your information packet and to discuss enrollment opportunities.
The International Institute of Massage Therapy (IIMT) is proud to offer Professional Certification Massage Therapy Program and a Public Massage Clinic
In operation since 2009, IIMT's commitment to excellence requires small class sizes and provides high quality instruction with extensive hands-on experience for every student.
An intensive program which covers 882 hours -12 months, IIMT sets high standards for potential graduates while promoting integrity within our healing community and guiding graduates to their ultimate success.
Quality, Ingerity and Dedication are the foundation of the IIMT program. Come fulfill your potential with the best!
We strongly encourage students to take advantage of our Volunteer Option Hour program to increase their hands-on experience beyond IIMT's already extensive classroom and practicum requirements. V.O.H. affords students the opportunity to gain practical experience that will count toward the hours needed to graduate. see: www.NCBTMB.org for state requirements for the industry
Note: As of July 1, 2013 Idaho is now a massage regulated state - a state occupational license is required
The International Institute of Massage Therapy is located in Idaho Falls, Idaho. IIMT has been in operations since 2009. Jasmine has been a Professional in the industry since 1999. She has learned a great deal traveling internationally and brings a wide span of information from her personalized and copyrighted curriculm.
Our vision is “To provide the community with the best and highest credentialed massage therapists possible. We also want to provide its participants with a superior education and a facility that is a forever career support base.”
The International Institute of Massage Therapy
1421 1st Street Idaho Falls 83401
Phone Number (208) 528-0319
Mission, Purpose and Objectives
The Mission of the International Institute of Massage Therapy is to provide quality education. In this rapidly growing alternative healthcare field ,by offering participants training in the blend of the art with science that is massage therapy. Our graduates will have a title as a Professionally Certified Massage Therapist with a firm understanding of massage therapy as it pertains to medical massage, injury treatment and muscle interaction. They also have a great opportunity to learn additional related courses by attending our many in house and home study CEU classes. ( see: CEU course page)
Graduates of our program are well-trained, qualified, highly skilled and confident therapists, who are prepared to create successful, fulfilling careers as massage therapists, and thus are prepared to promote the benefits of natural health and wellness to themselves, their clients and their communities. Our requirement for every student to sit for the national licensure & board exam .Sets us apart from all other Idaho facilities.
Another amazing benefit that sets us apart is that we offer a great travel exchange program to qualifying graduate applicants.
To destinations such as: Switzerland,Carribbean,Gaum,Germany and facilities all over the USA
- Provide a quality massage therapy training program, resulting in graduates who are competent practitioners.
- Create a learning environment for professional growth and development; develop student behaviors grounded in personal responsibility through learning experiences, teaching techniques and modeling professional development.
- Provide a well-balanced curriculum that meets & beats the certification requirements of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork; this includes Massage theory and practice, as well as practical experience through Community Internship and Public Clinic Training.
- Provide highly qualified instructors to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience.
- Provide teaching and learning experiences that foster personal and professional integrity and promote high ethical standards and professional conduct required of a health care professional. Consistently promote the occupational ethics that are critical to the profession of a massage therapist.
- Practice progressive teaching methods, which respect the various learning styles of adult students.
- Ensure our students have a complete understanding of business relative to massage therapy.
Affiliations and Credentials
- NCBTMB -National Crediting Board of Therapeutic Massage and Body Work Professional & School Approved 2003-2010
- ABMP- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals & School Approved 2010
- Idaho State Deptartent of Education- 2010
- Licensed and Bonded 2010
- Preparing for Accreditation 2015 - COMTA , ABHES
Institute Facility and Equipment
Our building offers functioning professional graduate & student massage studios. I.I.M.T offers students the ability to learn from their textbook instruction separately from their hands on, so as to avoid set up and break down of learning tools and tables. IIMT offers a student computer/office studio for easy access and convience of research and printing needs. We have a professional waiting room for clients.