Enrolling for MARCH 2018 AM 10:00 - 2:00 AM Class
Mission, Purpose, and Objectives
The Mission of the International Institute of Massage Therapy is to provide quality education in the ever growing alternative healthcare field by offering participants training in the blending of art with science of massage therapy. Our graduates will have a title of Professionally Certified & Licensed Massage Therapist -with a firm understanding of massage therapy as it pertains to medical massage, injury treatment, and muscle interaction. They also have a great opportunity to learn extra related courses by attending our many in-house and home study CEU classes.
Graduates of our program are well-trained, qualified, highly skilled and confident therapists who are prepared to create successful, fulfilling careers as massage therapists, and thus are prepared to promote the benefits of natural health and wellness to themselves, their clients and the community. Our requirement for every student to save and sit for the national board exam sets us apart from all other facilities. Another benefit that sets us apart is that we offer a great travel exchange program to qualifying applicants.
- Provide a quality massage therapy training program resulting in graduates who are competent professional practitioners .
- Create a classroom environment for professional growth and development; develop better personal behaviors grounded in responsibility through learning experiences, delivery of teaching techniques and modeling professional development.
- Provide a well-balanced curriculum that meets and beats the certification requirements of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. This includes Massage Theory and Practice, as well as practical experience through Community Internship and Public Clinic Training.
- Provide the highest qualified instructors to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience with semester surveys to ensure progress and appropriate changes.
- Provide teaching and learning experiences that foster personal and professional integrity and promote high ethical standards and professional conduct required of a health care professional; consistently promote the occupational and industry ethics that are critical to the profession of a professional massage therapist.
- Practice progressive teaching methods, which respect the various learning styles of adult students.Allowing for alteration based on student needs.
- Ensure our students have a complete understanding of business relative to massage therapy and are given every opportunity to grow and learn in their profession.
Philosophy and Goals:
Our goal is to promote and integrate massage into mainstream healthcare by providing quality instruction and education that will compliment any body work setting. We prepare our students to approach and practice massage in an open but methodical manner. We are constantly evolving, upgrading and evaluating our program to meet the needs and expectations of our students, as well as the requirements and the highest standards of the field and that of The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and now Idaho Statute §54-4009 requirements for issuance of License.
- NCBTMB Approved School (National Crediting Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) - 2009
- ABMP School Member (Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals) 2010
- ITEC Accredited ( International Therapy Examination Council ) 2015
IIMT is also:
Registered with the Idaho State Board of Education as a Proprietary School since 2009
Bonded and Insured 2010
IIMT 90% Graduates pass their MBleX exam the first time taking it. Be sure your school choice can say the same for their performance.
Annual Charity Sponsorship:
Scenic Classic Relay - Fundraiser for Development Workshop Since 2011
Everybody Deserves a Massage 2011
Festival of Trees since 2012
Grand Teton Relay Since 2013
Season Community Food and Needs Drive 2010