Mission, Purpose, and Objectives
The Mission of the International Institute of Massage Therapy is to provide quality education in the ever growing alternative healthcare field by offering participants training in the blended art with science of massage therapy. Our graduates will have a title of Professionally Certified Massage Therapist with a firm understanding of massage therapy as it pertains to medical massage, injury treatment, and muscle interaction. They also have a great opportunity to learn extra related courses by attending our many in-house and home study CEU classes.
Graduates of our program are well-trained, qualified, highly skilled and confident therapists who are prepared to create successful, fulfilling careers as massage therapists, and thus are prepared to promote the benefits of natural health and wellness to themselves, their clients and the community. Our requirement for every student to save and sit for the national board exam sets us apart from all other facilities. Another benefit that sets us apart is that we offer a great travel exchange program to qualifying applicants.
- Provide a quality massage therapy training program resulting in graduates who are competent practitioners.
- Create a learning environment for professional growth and development; develop student behaviors grounded in personal responsibility through learning experiences, teaching techniques and modeling professional development.
- Provide a well-balanced curriculum that meets and beats the certification requirements of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. This includes Massage theory and practice, as well as practical experience through Community Internship and Public Clinic Training.
- Provide highly qualified instructors to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience.
- Provide teaching and learning experiences that foster personal and professional integrity and promote high ethical standards and professional conduct required of a health care professional; consistently promote the occupational ethics that are critical to the profession of a massage therapist.
- Practice progressive teaching methods, which respect the various learning styles of adult students.
- Ensure our students have a complete understanding of business relative to massage therapy.
Philosophy and Goals:
Our goal is to integrate massage into mainstream healthcare by providing quality instruction and education that will compliment any body work setting. We prepare our students to approach and practice massage in an open but methodical manner. We are constantly changing, upgrading and evaluating our program to meet the needs and expectations of our students, as well as the requirements and standards of the field and that of The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and now §33-2409 requirments for issuence of License.- Idaho State § Title 54 Chapter 40
Institute Approvals and Affiliations:
- NCBTMB Approved (National Crediting Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) - 2009
- ABMP Approved (Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals) 2010
- United States Accreditation - COMTA 2015
- International Massage Accreditation 2015
- Distant Learning for the IIMT Kinesiology and Anatomy and Physiology classes. Making the inroom demand 2 days a week 2015
- American Naturopathic Association- Offering a degree in Naturopathic Doctrine.2015
IIMT is also:
Registered with the State Board of Education as a Proprietory School of Massage Therapy since 2009